On Thursday, August 15th, the Cook County Young Dems elected a new executive board, followed by a celebratory fundraiser.
The new board will consist of the following:
- Chakena D. Sims – Chair
- Dedrick Rents – Executive Vice Chair
- Nicole Lynch Stevens – City Vice Chair
- Christopher Ryan Crisanti – West Suburban Vice Chair (second term)
- Alfred “AJ” Burse – Secretary
- Miceala Smith – Treasurer (second term)
- Nathaniel Booker – Sergeant-at-Arms
Cook County Young Dem Executive Board members serve two-year terms. Executive board members may serve until age 35 (pending re-election every two years), where they are termed out due to age.
The Cook County Young Dems are a political organization purposed to foster, promote and develop responsible and efficient local government and to encourage young people in every community in Cook County to actively participate in civic political activities and give support to candidates for public office who have been approved by the Regular Democratic Organization.
Caption: Brookfield Dems members with former Cook County Young Dems Chair Ty Cratic.
Click here to view more photos of the fundraiser